Skip to content
- We are the oldest Kiwanis organization in Idaho, chartered in 1920
- We had 150 members in the 1950s and ’60s, but we have less than 30 members now. We need more!
- We are part of the Utah-Idaho District of Kiwanis International. There are 50 clubs like ours in Utah and the part of Idaho south of the Salmon River
- The Kiwanis pavilion in Tydeman Park (north of Optimist Park) is named for a long-time Kiwanis member, the late Bing Hong
- We hold a Pancake and Sausage Breakfast in June each year to raise funds for supporting youth and community service projects. Our pancakes have been called the best in town!
- The word Kiwanis means “We Build”. The first Kiwanis club was chartered in Michigan in 1915 as a way for its members to exchange business ideas. Community service and youth projects support came in the late 1920s.
- Women have been members of Kiwanis clubs since 1987. Two previous presidents of Kiwanis International were women.
- The Kiwanis motto is “Serving the Children of the World”!